Wednesday 3 April 2013

India?! Yes, please!



Did I know, this time last week, that my life would be changed forever within a matter of hours?
Had I realised just how much of a change it would be?
Had I preconceived just how great it would feel?

No. Not at all.

Last week, I received an email informing me that I had been nominated for a place at the Mahindra United World College, in India!
Was I happy to hear it? Yes. And somewhat overexcited. But anyway.

Hey there!

I'm Maria, I'm sixteen, from South-East England originally, but currently living in Lyon, France. In October I began the process of applying to UWC, after finding out about the movement and wanting to be a part of it ever since. This dream was confirmed after attending the open day at Atlantic College, and learning more about it. Then, the interview weekend in February was one of the best experiences of my life- I met so many incredible people, and got a taster of just how incredible the opportunity of a life at UWC would be.

I feel so honoured and so lucky to have been given such an opportunity, especially as MUWCI was the college I was offered a place at. Although I've never been anywhere near India before, I have a feeling that it's somewhere I could definitely get used to!

Anyway,  I'm off to Mahindra in August, and hopefully will try and keep you updated via this blog.

So until next time!

Maria xXx









No comments:

Post a Comment