Friday 16 August 2013

Bye bye Lyon....

I suppose seven years isn't so long, in the context of a lifetime.
But seven years in one place is definitely long enough for it to form you, mark you and never let you forget it.

10th August 2006, I moved to Lyon, France. Since then, I've had fantastic opportunity to meet wonderful people, have so many new experiences and make lifelong friends. A beautiful city in a beautiful country, I am going to miss this place more than I ever thought I would.
(I would say this is where I really 'grew up'... but unfortunately that's not quite true...)

Yesterday I said 'au revoir' to Lyon and France, and travelled north to the UK. I love this place too, and am trying to take in as much 'Britishness' as possible before I leave here on Sunday!

Yeah, I'm really going to miss Lyon and London, the places I love. But I'm not as sad to be leaving them as I am happy to have lived there. I'm lucky enough to have had so many great memories in these places, and I'll treasure them throughout my life (and on this new adventure to India!).

Now, I'm faced with the near impossible task of packing my whole life into one suitcase (20kg limit) and my backpack. They are currently on my bed, open but completely empty. 
Wish me luck.... I'll need it!

Merci Lyon, ces sept dernières années ont été vraiment incroyable. A dans quatre mois!

Thanks for reading,
Maria xXx


(here are a couple of pictures I took of Lyon when I was out with some friends a few days ago)






No comments:

Post a Comment